Steps to file income tax return AY 2013-2014:
1. Login to the website https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/e-Filing/UserLogin/LoginHome.html using pan card number as user id and password.
2. Click on the quick e file return on the left hand side of the page after you log in successfully
3. Select ITR form name as ITR1 (this is only if you don’t have any shares/mutual funds or other transaction during the year)
4. Select the assessment year as “2013-2014”
5. Select the prefill address details from the given options
6. Select “NO” for “Do you want to digitally sign?” (Yes, only if you have purchased digital signature)
7. You will be taken to fill the details page as shown alongside
8. Go through the instructions page once before starting to fill in the details.
9. Fill in all the details in personal information, income details (from form 16, mostly only two entries), TDS(should be fetched automatically), Taxes paid and verification (bank account details to get the amount credited for tax return), 80G(any charity donation). Make sure you enter the values of currency in integers ( e.g. 11250 and not 11250.00).
10. Click on submit for final submission, verify all the details before clicking on submit.
11. Download the ITR acknowledgement and send to Income tax department by normal courier service.
12. Password to open the ITR is your pan card number followed by date of birth in ddmmyyyy format as abcde1234c01121980
Basic details and boxes:
• A18 – Others
• A19 – Tax refundable if expecting refund
• A20 – Resident
• A21 – 11 before due date
• A22 -- No